“CITY NEWS FEEDBACK” SWEEPSTAKES
1. HOW TO ENTER: NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN A PRIZE. TAKING THE CITY NEWS FEEDBACK SURVEY IS NOT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN A PRIZE. TAKING THE CITY NEWS FEEDBACK SURVEY WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. The “City News Feedback” Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is being organized by Sun-Times Media, LLC (“Sponsor”). The Sweepstakes will run beginning on Friday, January 27, 2016 at 12:00 AM CST and will end on Saturday, February 11, 2016 at 11:59 PM CST (the “Sweepstakes Period”). Enter the Sweepstakes by completing the City News Feedback Survey located at http://wssp.suntimes.com/city-news-december-survey/. To enter the Sweepstakes without completing the City News Feedback Survey, go to the website located at http://suntimes.secondstreetapp.com/City-News-Feedback-Sweepstakes-/, completely fill out an entry form and follow the directions to submit the form prior to the end of the Sweepstakes Period.
All entrants must have a valid email address and complete all required fields on the City News Feedback Survey or the online entry form. Limit of one (1) entry per person per Sweepstakes Period.
Entrants may not register with multiple email addresses nor may entrants use any other device or artifice to register multiple times or as multiple registrants. Any entrant who attempts to enter with multiple email addresses under multiple identities or uses any device or artifice to register multiple times will be disqualified and forfeits any and all prizes won, in Sponsor’s discretion. Should multiple users of the same e-mail account enter the Sweepstakes and a dispute thereafter arise regarding the identity of the entrant, the authorized account holder of said e-mail account at the time of entry will be considered the entrant. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider or other organization which is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses or the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual (and all of his or her entries) who tampers with the entry process. Automated entries are prohibited, and any use of automated devices will cause disqualification.
Sponsor and its parent, subsidiaries and affiliates are not responsible for late, lost, delayed, unclear, incomplete, misdirected, or ineligible entries which will be disqualified or for technical, hardware, or software malfunctions of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, incomplete, inaccurate, garbled or delayed electronic communications caused by the sender, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes which may limit the ability to play or participate, or by any human error that may occur in the processing of the entries in the Sweepstakes. The computer clock of Sponsor is the official timekeeping device of the Sweepstakes.
2. ELIGIBILITY: The Sweepstakes is open to legal residents of Illinois, Indiana, and Wisconsin aged 18 years or older except employees of, Sponsor, its parent(s) and affiliated companies, advertising agencies, and promotional partners, and relatives of and those living in the same household as such employees. For the purpose of this Sweepstakes, relatives are defined as spouse, mother, father, in-laws, grandmother, grandfather, brother, sister, children and grandchildren. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited.
3. SELECTION OF WINNERS: On or about January 3, 2016, Sponsor or its designated judges (whose decisions are final) will conduct a random drawing among all eligible entries to determine three (3) prize winners. The winners will be notified that they may have won a prize in this Sweepstakes by email. Any winner who does not provide a valid email address will forfeit his/her prize. If any prize notification, prize, or Sweepstakes communication is rejected or returned as undeliverable or if a winner cannot be reached after a reasonable attempt has been made by Sponsor (as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion), such winner may be disqualified and an alternate winner may be selected from all eligible entries. Upon prize forfeiture, no compensation will be given. Each winner’s name may be published in any of Sponsor’s or its affiliates’ publications and/or on their websites. Limit of one (1) Prize per person during the Sweepstakes Period.
During the Sweepstakes Period, there will be three (3) prizes (the “Prizes”) awarded.
One (1) of the Prizes will consist of four commemorative posters: The Chicago Daily News 1908 World Champions Cover Poster; The Chicago Sun-Times 2016 Road to Victory Poster; The Chicago Sun-Times 2016 World Series Cover 1st Run Edition Poster; and The Chicago Sun-Times 2016 World Series Cover Poster.
Approximate retail value (ARV) of the Prize: $100.00
One (1) of the Prizes will consist of five commemorative Chicago Sun-Times original back-issues covering the Chicago Cubs’ 2016 World Series run.
One (1) of the Prizes will consist of: Believe It! Chicago Cubs World Series Commemorative Book (paperback) and a commemorative Chicago Sun-Times final cover wrap poster featuring the Chicago Cubs’ 2016 World Series win.
Odds of winning depend on number of entries received. All Prizes legitimately claimed will be awarded. No transfers or prize substitutions will be made, except at Sponsor’s and any promotional partner’s sole discretion. In addition, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to substitute any prize (or portion thereof) of comparable or greater value whether due to the unavailability of a prize or prize component, or for any other reason. Prizes must be accepted as awarded. No more than the stated number of Prizes will be awarded.
All prizes will be mailed to the winners. Sponsor and its promotional partners will not replace any lost, mutilated, or stolen prizes. All state, federal, and local taxes are the sole responsibility of the winner.
5. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY/REQUIREMENTS: By entering entrant agrees to release, defend, hold harmless and indemnify Sponsor, its promotional partners and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, contractors, directors, officers, governors, employees and agents against any and all liability, damages or causes of action (however named or described), with respect to or arising out of any injuries, losses, or damages of any kind caused by the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of a Prize awarded in the Sweepstakes, including but not limited to any claims for damage to property, personal injury, death or claims based on defamation, rights of privacy, rights of publicity or merchandise delivery. False or deceptive entries or acts will render the entrant ineligible. By entering, entrant further agrees that (a) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and participant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, consequential, or any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses; (b) all causes of action arising out of or connected with this sweepstakes, or any prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and (c) any and all claims, judgments, and award shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, excluding attorneys’ fees and court costs. WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON(S) RESPONSIBLE FOR SUCH ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Sponsor is not responsible for any printing or typographical errors in these Official Rules or any other materials associated with the Sweepstakes.
Each winner may be required (in Sponsor’s sole discretion) to sign and return a claim form and an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release within ten (10) days of receipt or his/her prize may be forfeited. In the event of noncompliance with the foregoing requirement, a prize may be forfeited. All prize claims, affidavits of eligibility and liability/publicity releases are subject to verification by Sponsor.
Entrants enter at their own risk and the Sponsor is not responsible for and shall not be liable for any condition caused by events beyond its control that may cause the Sweepstakes to be disrupted or corrupted. Failure to comply with these Official Rules may result in disqualification from this Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right to revise these Official Rules and/or to permanently disqualify any person it believes has violated these Official Rules.
6. GENERAL RULES: By entering the Sweepstakes (except where prohibited by law), entrants consent to the use of their names, pictures, likenesses, voices, biographical data, and/or any information contained in their entry in advertising, promotion and marketing materials throughout the world in any medium now or hereafter invented, including on the internet, by Sponsor, its promotional partners, and third party marketing entities, without additional compensation, notification, review, or approval. Sponsor’s decisions will be final in all matters related to this Sweepstakes, the interpretation of these Official Rules and awarding of the prizes. If the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned for any reason, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes. DO NOT call Sponsor or its promotional partners, as this Sweepstakes will not be discussed by phone, except at Sponsor’s sole discretion.
7. CHOICE OF LAW/VENUE. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of the Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Illinois, U.S.A., without giving effect to the conflict of laws rules thereof, and any matters or proceedings shall take place in the State of Illinois, in the City of Chicago.
8. WINNERS’ LIST: For the name of the winners, send a legal-size, self-addressed, stamped envelope to: “City News Feedback” Winners’ List, 350 N. Orleans St., 10thFloor, Chicago, IL 60654. Requests must be received no later than three (3) months following the close of the Sweepstakes.
9. SPONSOR: Sun-Times Media, LLC, 350 N. Orleans St., 10th Floor, Chicago, IL 60654.